Monday 14 September 2009

REVIEW - Maybelline Pulse Perfection


Unfortunately I was unable to attend the Maybelline event last week due to work commitments, but the lovely Natalie sent me some goodies which arrived on Saturday morning. I was rather excited about the goodies, especially the new Pulse Perfection vibrating mascara, which I couldn’t wait to try out.

 

When the first high-end vibrating mascaras came out last year, I was intrigued but at the same time a bit bemused. When I heard that Maybelline were launching one I decided that maybe there was something in the whole vibration thing and that perhaps I should give one a whirl.

 

Aside from the massive let down that was Great Lash (and the more recent disappointment of Lash Stiletto) I have always been a huge fan of Maybelline mascaras and was hoping that this would be a return to form. I was a bit unsure where to start – technology is not a strong point - but thanks to Miss Dolly Gal’s advice on Twitter I was soon rocking and rolling!

 

I’m well known for my clumsiness and when I showed my boyfriend the treats I’d been sent his first reaction was “You’ll have your eye out.” To be honest that was one of my main concerns too. I was a bit worried about having something vibrating that close to my eyeball (you’d think after years of wearing contacts I wouldn’t be squeamish) but I took a deep breath and went for it.

 

Once I got down to the application, I was really impressed. According to the Maybelline website the wand vibrates 7,000 times per minute in 7 synchronised actions (whatever that means). In real terms, it means that the mascara coats your lashes perfectly in one stroke. It does feel slightly strange, especially when you place the wand close to the roots to start with (the first time I used it I got a bit teary eyed) but I think it’s probably something that you get used to. I haven’t yet tried the mascara sans vibration, but having read some blogs from across the pond it gets very positive reviews. Though the wand is apparently all new, it looks very similar to the good old define-a-lash wand, which used to be my go-to day mascara.

 

The only complaint I have is that by the 3rd coat it gets a little bit clumpy. To be honest though, I probably didn’t need the third coat (force of habit!).

 

All in all I’m impressed by the mascara, and it may well become my day-time go to mascara (Colossal still reigns supreme for night-time). It gives good length, though the volume could be better.

 

 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, don't be shy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails