Monday 12 October 2009

REVIEW – Soap and Glory Catch a Wrinkle in Time Moisturiser

Confession time…………

……….To be honest, I've always been a bit useless when it comes to cleansing, toning and moisturising. I'm really good at the cleansing bit but the rest sort of seems to fall by the wayside for me. I'm lucky in that I have relatively good skin (I get a few dry patches in the winter but nothing too major), I drink lots of water and (so far) am wrinkle free, so I generally would rather spend money on the more exciting things in life like glittery eyeliner than my skincare 'regime.'

Following the starting revelation that I am now in my mid twenties (thanks, mum), I thought that maybe I should make a bit more effort as I'm becoming slightly paranoid that one day I'll wake up looking like a Shar-Pei (no, not Ashley Tisdale, the OTHER one).

IMG00076-20091012-0735

The first thing I decided to fix was the moisturiser situation. I generally pick up whatever's on offer/cheapest, and this time wasn't really an exception. I'm a big fan of Soap and Glory products generally, and this one came with 100 extra advantage points, so in the basket it went.

As part of my push to use up products I already had in stock, I had to finish my cheapy moisturiser (some forgettable one from Nivea) before I cracked this open. I started using it around six weeks ago, and to be honest I'm really happy with it. The formulation is nice and silky, and it is absorbed by my skin pretty much straight away which is great as I hate greasy moisturiser which just sits there I really don’t have time to hang around for 20 minutes in the morning waiting for my moisturiser to soak in! The smell is kind of orangey, which I really like - it reminds me a little bit of Gorgeous by Lush which would have been my moisturiser of choice did I not have an overdraft to pay off. I paid around £9 for the tube, which seems quite a lot as the tube is tiny (50ml), but it does seem to be lasting well, and £9 is definitely better than £35 for Gorgeous!

All in all I’ll probably repurchase this as I like the fact that its not greasy and I can pretty much chuck it on and get on with the most important part of my morning routine – the makeup!!

Next I’m going to reconsider my cleanser – any recommendations would be well received!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, don't be shy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails