Friday 30 October 2009

REVIEW: Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse Foundation

Having recently had a bit of a fall out with my usual autumn/winter/spring daytime foundation Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, I thought I'd give Rimmel's offering a try. I'm a big fan of mousse foundations as they don't seem to carry with them quite the same risk of getting cakey as I find with liquid foundations. 



The only other Rimmel foundation that I've ever used is Stay Perfect 16 hour wear. I bought Stay Perfect after hearing that the Rimmel product was a pretty good dupe for Estee Lauder Double Wear and I was pleasantly surprised. It was too heavy for during the day but was perfect for nights. 



My first impressions were that the foundation was ok, the colours were a good match for my skin, it blends out well and provides medium coverage. The name is a tad misleading as I don't think its particularly matte, but as I buff MAC MSF Natural over the top in any case its hardly a breaking matter. I've been applying it with my 187 (no change there then) and it gives me a nice, even finish with no cakey-ness. It has good staying power and, I've not experienced any major issues with transfer. 



The main issue I have with this is the packaging. Its in a small glass pot a la Maybelline Dram Matte Mousse, only there is a bit of a lip meaning that it can be a task scooping out the product when you're getting low. Another problem for some people may be the range of shades as the choice is pretty limited (5-6 shades if I remember rightly).



All in all, the product was ok, not exactly earth shattering but as they say, you get what you pay for!



xxx

1 comment:

Come on, don't be shy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails