Friday 8 January 2010

That Friday Feeling.........

Having had what seems like the longest week on record I didn't think Friday would ever come, but finally its here!!!

 

Between snow and the back to work blues this week has been far from a barrel of laughs but lo and behold, this morning there was a moment of brightness (unfortunately not accompanied by angels playing harps and the clouds parting, but you can't have it all I guess) - I've lost 3 pounds. And no, not 3 pounds stirling!!  

 

I'm quite surprised about this in all honesty as the first week of "operation lose some timber" hasn't quite gone as smoothly as I would like. In fact that's a massive understatement - its been about as smooth as a white-water rafting trip. I started off so well, with back to back boxing and body pump classes on Monday night at the gym, but it turns out that my over-enthusiastic start was the beginning of the end.  I've been eating much better (apart from the odd sneaky champagne truffle - well I can hardly WASTE them now can I?!), and I've even laid off the fizzy pop (Diet Cherry Coke is my ultimate downfall), but unfortunately I've only made it to the gym twice due to the lethal combination of snow and DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness to the uninitiated).  I've now learnt that I'm  far from being capable of doing back to back gym classes so body pump is being put on the back burner for a while.  

 

I haven't disclosed my starting weight on here because a) I'm ashamed, and b) I can't quite bring myself to type it, but suffice to say I'm the wrong side of 12 stones. I don't have a target weight as such, but I'm hoping to lose somewhere in the region of 2 stone by next Christmas. I considered joining Slimming World or Weight Watchers but I'm not sure I could face the humiliation (and I just can't get the thought of Marjorie Dawes and 'Fat Fighters' out of my head), so I've decided to go it alone, armed only with a food diary and a Virgin Active membership card!

 

Anyway, just thought I'd share my  little bit of good news with you!

 

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend, and the snow doesn't scupper your plans too much :)

 

xxx

 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss!
    And don't be ashamed of your weight- its only a number
    Its how you feel inside that counts xxx

    ReplyDelete

Come on, don't be shy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails