Friday 26 March 2010

Review: Maybelline Dream Creamy Foundation

aIMG00277-20100316-2212

I’ve been using Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse as my daytime foundation for almost as long as I can remember but recently I’ve been considering a change as my skin has been feeling a little dry. Unfortunately dry skin and Dream Matte Mousse is a bit of a recipe for disaster as it seems to enhance the dryness and make my skin look flaky and generally awful!

I picked this up in Tesco while I was browsing the make up section during a break from doing the food shopping (I hate food shopping with a passion so little breaks are a must). I considered Dream Satin (another foundation I have meant to try but never got round to) but this leapt out at me because the packaging had the magic word “hydrating” on it. I think I paid somewhere around the £5 mark and it was on offer at £2 off.

I usually use ‘Cameo’ in Dream Matte Mousse but the shade range wasn’t so wide in this foundation so I went for the lightest on offer which was ‘Light Porcelain’ which was a pretty good match for my Cullen-esque winter pallor.

The first thing I did was throw away the sponge applicator which came with the product in favour of my trusty MAC 187 (which incidentally is my absolute favourite brush for foundation application). The product itself melts immediately on contact with the skin to a silky liquid consistency making application and blending a doddle, which is great when I’m in a rush in the morning! All I need is a quick sweep of MSF Natural on my T zone (which is sometimes prone to being a little shiny) and my base is done. I find that the product has great staying power however if you have oily skin you may want to give it a miss as the hydrating effect would probably mean that it slides straight off your face.

This product has been great for my dry skin great during the winter and I will definitely repurchase for the colder moths, however I think in summer when my skin is less dry I’ll stick to my trusty Dream Matte Mousse.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, don't be shy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails