Monday 2 November 2009

Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes v Toni & Guy Platinum Blonde

 

IMG00101-20091030-0701

I confess, I’m a shameless hussy when it comes to shampoo. I’ve done the rounds and given most brands a whirl, but for the last year or so I’ve been (relatively) faithful to Paul Mitchell’s Platinum Blonde Shampoo as my ally in the never-ending fight against brassiness. I’ve had a few dalliances with Superdrug Colour Effects which has impressed, but I’ve always gone back to the Paul Mitchell. The big plus of the Paul Mitchell product is that the toner in it isn’t too strong so I can used it on a daily basis, its moisturising and it smells delish!

Anyway, recently I’ve been playing away from home and alternating between Lee Stafford’s Bleach Blondes range and Toni and Guy’s Platinum Blonde range. Now that I’ve had a chance to put them through their paces I thought I’d report back with my findings.

Let’s start with the Toni and Guy products.

Packaging: Pretty much standard Toni and Guy fare right down to the annoying pump dispenser. Now I don’t have particularly long hair but I need a good 8 pumps of product to wash my hair which can get quite annoying – give me an old fashioned squeezy bottle any day.

Product: The products are OK; the toner isn’t very strong so the products can be used on a daily basis. The smell isn’t offensive and both the shampoo and conditioner contain moisturising ingredients which is a winner as my hair does sometimes feel a bit straw-like

Price: £5.49 each. Pretty standard for a mid-range shampoo – get them while they’re on offer.

….and onto the Lee Stafford products.

Packaging: I love the all of the Lee Stafford packaging, and this is no exception - it’s the usual hot pink colour and it’s in a wonderful squeezy bottle.

Product: The toner in the shampoo is quite potent, which I love. I’m a big fan of icy white-blonde hair so I like a stronger toner, but it may not be for everyone.  I wouldn’t recommend using the shampoo everyday unless a blue rinse is the look you’re going for! The conditioner is more of a lilac colour and is absolutely fine to use daily.

Price:  Much of a muchness to be honest, the Lee Stafford products are also £5.49 each – get them while they’re on 3 for 2, or when Boots are doing the £2 off professional hair care vouchers.

And the winner is………………………. (drumroll please…….)

Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes!!!

For me, the Lee Stafford products win hands down, I prefer (almost) everything about these products. The only thing I don’t like is the fact that I have to buy a non-toning shampoo to use on the in-between days, but I can overlook that.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, don't be shy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails