All in all I’ve had a pretty rubbish week this week, what with falling off the gym wagon due to a heinously busy week at work, the Mr being away all weekend and silly fall-outs with one of the besties due to incompatible diaries. I was planning on sitting on the sofa all weekend and wallowing in self-pity but I realised not only is that a complete waste of a weekend but its also counter productive, so I decided to head off on a little road trip to my brothers and count my blessings instead – which made me realise that I need to give myself a good shake and get on with it.
I thought that I would share some of my reasons to be cheerful, so that the next time I’m feeling sorry for myself I can re-read this post and realise how silly I’m being!
- Three weeks to my holiday - I absolutely can’t wait, In under a month I’ll be topping up my tan here:
- The besties – like any group of friends we have our ups and downs, but I know that they’ll always be there for me – whether its to tell me to man up and stop moping around or with a shoulder to cry on complete with Ben and Jerry’s.
- My family – I haven’t lived with my mum and dad for almost 7 years now, and my brother is currently exiled at the other end of the country but I know that I just need to pick up the phone to be cheered up by any one of them.
- The Mr – there's not really much that needs to be said here, I love him to pieces
- Millie – she’s always there for a cuddle (even if I don’t particularly want one!)
So there you have it, my reasons to smile! Sometimes I just need to remember not be such a miserable sod an shake myself!
Hope you’re all enjoying the sunshine :)