Thursday 12 May 2011

Mission: Possible

Hello Ladies and Gents!

 

I know, I know, I’ve been neglecting you again! Sorry about that but it’s been a horrendously hectic few months in Sunny Sheffield. I won’t bore you all with the deets because, well, it’s boring, but hopefully I’ve got past the worst of it so I’m back to ramble (for the foreseeable future at least).

 

Those of you who follow me on Twitter will know that I’ve set myself a little massive challenge – next year I’m going to run the Sheffield Half Marathon. Its not until May, but I figured that in a year I should be able to build up to run it in a (half) decent time so as not to embarrass myself.

 

I’m telling the world this so that there’s no way of me bottling it at the last minute, and also so that people can shout at me through Twitter if I fall off the wagon.

 

I like to think that I’m reasonably fit as I’m quite religious about going to the gym, but running is something that I’ve never quite got into. I thought that by setting a clear goal it might give me the push I need to actually get my backside into gear and do some training. Also, I vaguely remember someone somewhere telling me that running is the best thing for weight loss – whether it’s true or not remains to be seen, but I’m certainly going to give it a whirl!

 

Also, very luckily for me, this little challenge fits in beautifully with the latest phase of the Aussie Angels project I’m involved in – Aussie Lighter Self. The project isn’t necessarily to be taken literally (though that is the way that I’m choosing to interpret it as it’s the most applicable to me) and can cover anything from de-cluttering your life to de-stressing and getting healthy in time for the summer. I’d thoroughly recommend that you all hop along to Uncover Aussie and check out the three videos that have been posted to help you all lighten up!

 

xxx

 

3 comments:

  1. Ooh didn't know you were doing this, how cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you chick, good lucky in your training!

    I'm trying to get a bit fitter too... I'm doing my first 5k in June... not quite a half marathon but it's a start!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Come on, don't be shy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails